maanantai 19. lokakuuta 2015

Greetings from the airport!

So I am waiting for my flight to Ethiopia at the moment and got a good couple of hours of time to kill at Jomo Kenyatta Airport in Nairobi. I am flying to Bahar Dar via Addis Ababa today. I will be in Ethiopia for one week and my mum is there as well! I can't wait to see her again after seven weeks! <3 Our plan is to stay in Bahar Dar for four days since mum is working there on a project and the weekend we will spend in a town called Lalibela. I promise to post pictures of my trip next week. :)

I guess it's been a long time again since I last wrote here.. I have been mostly in Juja although we have done some day trips with Enni. Last week we went to Hell's Gate National park located near Lake Naivasha. We went all the way there using only matatus which means we needed to take four different matatus each way and it took us like five hours to get there and another four hours or something to get back. But it was like ten times cheaper than a taxi and part of the adventure as well hahah. The national park was super awesome! Tomb Raider II was filmed there and also Lion King has got inspiration from the scenery of the park. And an amazing place it was indeed. We rented bicycles and also did a hike. It was pretty amazing to ride a bike at a place where there is zebras, wart hogs and gasells on the road side. Such an adventurous day, I loved it!

We also went to Maasai Market in Nairobi last weekend. There was sooo many things I wanted to buy and I was bargaining like never before. It was so much fun! So in case anyone wants some Africa stuff, let me know and I'll go get it for you and bring it to Finland. 

There has been quite a lot of going out the last few weeks. Many of my friends are graduating this November and they got the results back last weekend. So obviously that called for a party. Also we went out in Nairobi last saturday, it was so much fun! Just a looot of dancing the whole night.

Okay this post was pretty lame. I will write something better next time. :D Now I need to start heading to the gate and I should be in Ethiopia in the afternoon. Have a nice week you all! <3









Haha this last photo, I was walking back home from the campus and all of a sudden like at least 100 cows filled the whole road. :D And I was texting while I was walking so I almost got hit by the cows. :DD #onlyinkenya

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti